poupeegirl fashion brand community
About Me

Name: Johanna
Home: Sacramento, California, United States
About Me: I am a girl; I don't quite know where I came from or where I'm going. Though I'm still getting comfortable in my own skin, I love to think about a world more simple than the one I reside in now. I like to imagine a magical place with elegant gowns, tea time every hour, true friendship, etiquette, and art. Don't let the busy reality of the world take you over. Hold onto your innocence.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Wonderful Things

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  4.12.09  
 
 
The Greatest Joy In Life...

...Is the joy of others.

While I was getting ready to bathe, this little sentence popped into my head. I'm not sure how it got there- maybe God sent it to me, I'm not sure. (but then I wondered if it was a famous saying somebody else came up with! LOL)
But I know that I'm the "half empty" type of person, and that always instills some kind of uneasiness or sadness in me. I'm making a conscious decision to be a "half-full" kind of gal. I'm making a conscious decision to put my selfish self aside and make others happy- because your joy can only be short lived if you're the only one with it and celebrating.
I have to remember to not try and impress God- for he sees my heart always and not the good deeds that I do.
posted by Johanna @ 11:00 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At December 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Awww... that was beautiful yoyo ^___^ <3 Thank you for sharing that. I feel like God spoke to me through what you wrote. I need to work on those things too, putting selfish desires aside and making others happy. ^^ I love that last line you wrote also. *hugs* ^__^ <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home