poupeegirl fashion brand community
About Me

Name: Johanna
Home: Sacramento, California, United States
About Me: I am a girl; I don't quite know where I came from or where I'm going. Though I'm still getting comfortable in my own skin, I love to think about a world more simple than the one I reside in now. I like to imagine a magical place with elegant gowns, tea time every hour, true friendship, etiquette, and art. Don't let the busy reality of the world take you over. Hold onto your innocence.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Wonderful Things

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  13.11.09  
 
 
Theres Something I Don't Understand
"I don't understand poverty. And how people have to suffer..." "I know, Rose...Is there anything else you don't understand?" "Yes..." "What, Rose??" "I don't understand how a thermos can keep things both hot AND cold!!"

You know what I don't understand?
We were all born naked. All that is natural is 'naked', in it's natural state, the way it was created.
Why is it that with all the religious talk I've heard throughout my life, people act as if God created the body and at the last minute, Satan slapped on the genitals?
Why is it that there can be such BEAUTIFUL artwork, neo AND classical, showing the BEAUTY of the human body, and people get offended? Did God not create you with the same look? In HIS image? There's a fine line between tawdry and tasteful, I understand- but why so afraid?

And because so many are ashamed of their bodies, they have HORRIBLE self-esteem [which is something I have been noticing of myself]!
Well you know what? I'm not going to be embarrassed of myself anymore! I'm not going to sit here and honestly believe the way I was created was sinful, and it's about time other people woke up too! We should be celebrating ourselves, and the beauty that we are, so we can truly love how we were created!

I'm TIRED hearing about people who can't even see their nude selves in the mirror! It's sad to me!
I'll remember something my aunt who is a painter told me, "God is the ultimate artist, I'm just a copyright infringer!"

God IS the ultimate artist! So celebrate it!! Don't be ashamed of his creations!
posted by Johanna @ 4:55 PM  
3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home