poupeegirl fashion brand community
About Me

Name: Johanna
Home: Sacramento, California, United States
About Me: I am a girl; I don't quite know where I came from or where I'm going. Though I'm still getting comfortable in my own skin, I love to think about a world more simple than the one I reside in now. I like to imagine a magical place with elegant gowns, tea time every hour, true friendship, etiquette, and art. Don't let the busy reality of the world take you over. Hold onto your innocence.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Wonderful Things

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  9.11.09  
 
 
Why God Shouldn't Have Called You

If you're like me, you feel like you're not good enough or strong enough to be called by God to spread his Love. ;; But thankfully, I came across some wonderful little Christian sites that make me feel less alone:

"There are many reasons why God shouldn't have called you.
But don't worry....
You're in good company.

Moses stuttered.
David's armor didn't fit.
John Mark was rejected by Paul.
Timothy had ulcers.
Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Solomon was too rich.......Jesus was too poor.
Abraham was too old......David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death......Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a murderer....So was Moses.
Jonah ran from God.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Mary was lazy.
Samson had long hair.
Noah got drunk.
Did I mention that Moses had a short
fuse?
So did Peter, Paul--well, lots of folks did.

But God doesn't require a job interview.
He doesn't hire and fire like most bosses,
because He's more our Dad than our Boss.
He doesn't look at financial gain or loss.
He's not prejudiced or partial, not judging,
grudging, sassy, or brassy, not deaf to our cry,
not blind to our need.
As much as we try, God's gifts are free. We could
do wonderful things for wonderful people
and still not be ...Wonderful.
Satan says, "You're not worthy."
Jesus says, "So what? I AM."
Satan looks back and sees our mistakes.
God looks back and sees the cross.
He doesn't calculate what you did in '78.
It's not even on the record. Sure. There are lots of
reasons why God shouldn't have called us. But if we
are magically in love with Him, if we hunger for Him
more than our next breath, He'll use us in
spite of who we are, where we've been, or what we
look like.
I pray that as Christians, we will step out of our
limitations into the illimitable nature of who God is.
Then our passion for God and our passion to
communicate Him will make mince-meat of our
limitations! "

But he said to me, ‘‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
- DebWebOnline.com/Mercy_in_Jesus
posted by Johanna @ 10:23 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 10, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    AWWW!!! Yay!! X3 I have actually read that before, It is so wonderful and powerful! I love it! ^___^ *hugs* Wow, I can really see how much you are growing in Christ Yoyo!! I'm so happy for you!! ^___^ *hugs* LOVE YOU!!! OH!! And I have great news to tell you!!! I'll message you over facebook! X3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home